logo
 

Subramanian Swamy says it is still an open and shut case.  Whole country is happy I brought them to court  trial court and high court have rejected the notion that it is a case of personal malice against the Rahul & Sonia Gandhi. In fact, .The Gandhi have not been exonerated. This is a victory for democracy,” Swamy told “When Sonia and Rahul Gandhi came they were made to stand in a corner where the accused are supposed to be, they were not allowed to sit,” he revealed. Swamy also hit out at suggestions that he has been accorded Z category security and government bungalow as “reward for pursuing the case”. Despite the Patiala House court granting unconditional bail in the National Herald case to Sonia and Rahul Gandhi on a personal bond of Rs 50000 each, BJP leader Subramanian Swamy said it was still an “open and shut” case and that Sonia and Rahul Gandhi have not yet been exonerated. Swamy the petitioner in the National Herald case also sought to dismiss the notion that it was a case of personal vendetta against the Gandhi or other Congress leaders. I know the law very well. I know it better than all my colleagues. I know many people within the government. I don’t need any support from anyone as long as they stay out of it. No one has dared to approach me, he added.Swamy, who later joined BJP, had filed the case in 2012 as a private citizen accusing Sonia, Rahul and the others — Motilal Vora, Oscar Fernandes Suman Dubey and Sam Pitroda — of cheating and misappropriation of funds in acquiring the ownership of now-defunct daily, National Herald. The hearing in the case began on Saturday at 3pm and ended just three minutes later. Kapil Sibal, Congress leader and senior lawyer, who appeared in court for the Gandhis, later told the media that the court has granted bail without imposing any restrictions, rejecting a request from Swamy. The judge (Magistrate) laughed when I said that the Gandhis have a habit of fleeing India.”Swamy expressed his satisfaction with the way the case has progressed so far but strongly denied suggestions that he was acting at the behest of the government.“This is absolute nonsense. No one has told me anything to either slow down or pursue the National Herald Case.“I do not want any support from BJP or from anyone. I didn’t get support from my party during 2G scam also. I don’t need it.

No Comments For This Post, Be first to write a Comment.
Leave a Comment
Name:
Email:
Comment:
Enter the code shown:


Can't read the image? click here to refresh

Todays Epaper

Which men's cricket team will reach in the semifinal of ICC World Cup 2019?

Australia
India
England