logo
 
UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres welcomed the joint statement yesterday  by the United States, Armenia and Azerbaijan announcing that a previously reached humanitarian cease-fire agreement will take effect from today, said spokesperson of UN Secretary Stephane Dujarric, in a statement in NewYork.

Guterres commended the facilitation efforts of the United States, with the support of the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) Minsk Group Co-Chairs.

The



secretary-general anticipated that the gatherings should keep every one of their duties and to work mutually along with the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs to step toward a serene goal of the Nagorno-Karabakh strife, said the announcement.

Armenia and Azerbaijan have been at loggerheads over the mountainous region of Nagorno-Karabakh since 1988. Peace talks have been held since 1994 when a cease-fire was reached, but there have been sporadic minor clashes. A new round of armed conflict broke out along the contact line on September 27.
No Comments For This Post, Be first to write a Comment.
Leave a Comment
Name:
Email:
Comment:
Enter the code shown:


Can't read the image? click here to refresh
etemaad live tv watch now

Todays Epaper

English Weekly

neerus indian ethnic wear
Latest Urdu News

Should there be an India-Pakistan cricket match or not?

Yes, it should be.
Shouldn't be.
Can't Say