logo
 
Student leader Devendra Nath Mahto ended his hunger strike at Sadar Hospital in Ranchi in the presence of Jharkhand Ministers Dipika Pandey Singh and Irfan Ansari after Chief Minister Hemant Soren announced the cancellation of the JSSC-CGL examination and all examinations conducted by TDPL. 

Mahto had been on a hunger strike as part of a student-led agitation over demands concerning the recruitment examination process in the state.

Speaking to reporters, Mahto thanked CM Soren, Congress MP Rahul Gandhi and State Ministers Dipika Pandey Singh and Irfan Ansari for agreeing to the aspirants'



demands. 

He called for stringent laws and reforms to monitor examinations and prevent paper leaks. Mahto said, “Today marks the 16th day of the hunger strike; this struggle began on July 2. Following a meeting with the Chief Minister on July 20, a CID inquiry was initiated on July 28.”

He said the investigation was being conducted thoroughly, including scrutiny of high-profile figures such as the former Chief Secretary and the JPSC Chairman. “I thank the Jharkhand government for showing the courage to make such a significant decision--cancelling an exam was a massive challenge,” Mahto said.
No Comments For This Post, Be first to write a Comment.
Leave a Comment
Name:
Email:
Comment:
Enter the code shown:


Can't read the image? click here to refresh
etemaad live tv watch now

Todays Epaper

English Weekly

neerus indian ethnic wear
Latest Urdu News

Do you think Artificial Intelligence will create more jobs than it replaces?

Yes
No
Not sure