logo
 
NEW DELHI : India and China are to hold senior military level talks on Saturday to discuss the pullback of troops, a person familiar with the matter said.

The talks at the level of major generals come a week after senior commander level talks ended in a seeming stalemate over the question of pull back of troops from two friction points in Ladakh, where the disengagement previously agreed to had slowed to a standstill after a few initial steps.

The talks are taking place at Daulat Beg Oldie, the person cited above said. DBO as it’s popularly known has the world’s highest airstrip, originally built during the 1962 war but abandoned until 2008, when the Indian Air Force (IAF) revived it as one of its many Advanced Landing Grounds (ALGs) along the LAC, with the landing of an Antonov An-32.

The aim of the significant general level talks is to lessen pressures in the Depsang locale where Indian and Chinese soldiers are supposed to be extended against one another alongside a scope of military equipment big guns firearms and tanks.

Tensions between India and China have been running high since May after India detected multiple intrusions into Indian territory by Chinese soldiers. The strained ties dipped further after a violent clash between soldiers of the two sides in June in which 20 Indian soldiers and an unknown number of Chinese troops were killed.
No Comments For This Post, Be first to write a Comment.
Leave a Comment
Name:
Email:
Comment:
Enter the code shown:


Can't read the image? click here to refresh

Todays Epaper

Latest Urdu News

Do you support Centre's move to scrap Question Hour in Parliament due to Covid-19?

Yes
No
Can't Say