logo
 
A nine-year-old British girl who was on a holiday in Spain with her family, died after eating ice-cream at a local shopping centre.

The girl whose identity has not been revealed, suffered a severe allergic reaction after eating ice-cream made of milk and nuts, Independent quoted Spanish newspaper Sur reports.

She was taken to the Costa del Sol Hospital and later transferred to the Materno Infantil Hospital in Malaga where she died on Monday.

A statement from Club La Costa World, which runs the hotel in Malaga where she had been staying, read: 'The management at Club La Costa World resort would like to offer their heartfelt condolences to the family following the loss of their daughter on 18 February 2019'. 

The statement further read: 'Despite the best efforts of doctors and the emergency services, the young girl was placed on life support but subsequently died'. Following the tragic death, a post-mortem examination was carried out and a judge has been appointed to investigate the matter. A Foreign Office spokesperson said, "Our staff are supporting the family of a British girl following her death in Spain, and we are in contact with the Spanish hospital services."

In a similar incident last year in September, a 15-year-old girl died on board British Airways flight from severe allergic reaction caused by eating a sandwich she bought at London airport terminal. Natasha Ednan-Laperouse bought an artichoke, olive and tapenade baguette from Pret a Manger which consisted sesame seeds apparently baked into the bread. She was allergic to sesame. Daughter of a millionaire owner of Wow Toys in London, Natasha died of cardiac arrest on board the flight from London to Nice.
No Comments For This Post, Be first to write a Comment.
Leave a Comment
Name:
Email:
Comment:
Enter the code shown:


Can't read the image? click here to refresh

Todays Epaper

Which political party will form the government at Centre?

NDA (BJP)
UPA (Congress)
Mahagathbandhan