logo
 

A migrant worker was pulled out alive on Wednesday after he was buried for more than 60 hours in a massive landslide that swept through part of a major manufacturing city in southern China.

Rao Liangzhong of the Shenzhen Emergency Response Office said that the man, Tian Zeming, was rescued around dawn on Wednesday. He said Tian was from Chongqing in southwestern China.

“The survivor had a very feeble voice and pulse when he was found alive buried under debris, and now he’s undergoing further checks,” Dr. Wang Yiguo told a news conference in Shenzhen, according to a transcript posted by the district government that covers the area.

When they found him, Tian told rescuers his name and that there was another person buried near him. Another neurosurgeon, Dai Limeng, told the news conference that he had gone into the rubble and confirmed that the second person had not survived.

More than 70 people are still missing from the landslide that happened Sunday when a mountain of construction waste material and mud collapsed and flowed into an industrial park in Shenzhen.

The Ministry of Land and Resources has said a steep man-made mountain of dirt, cement chunks and other construction waste had been piled up against a 330-foot-high hill over the past two years.

State media reported that the New Guangming District government identified problems with the mountain of soil months earlier.


No Comments For This Post, Be first to write a Comment.
Leave a Comment
Name:
Email:
Comment:
Enter the code shown:


Can't read the image? click here to refresh

Todays Epaper

Mob lynching is continuously occurred in different parts of India. Is this threat to democracy?

Yes
No
Can't say