logo
 
In Belgium, the annual New Year's Eve festivities and fireworks in the heart of capital Brussels have been cancelled for security reasons. Mayor Yvan Mayeur said Brussels remains on high alert over a possible terror threat. He said in the current circumstances, it is not possible to guarantee that authorities can check everyone coming to the event. Last year, some one lakh people turned out to watch the traditional New Year's Eve fireworks display at the Place de Brouckere.
The Belgian capital, has been on high alert since the November 13 gun and suicide bombing attacks in Paris that left 130 dead. A key suspect in the Paris attacks, Belgian-born fugitive Salah Abdeslam, is believed to have fled to Brussels after the massacre, which was claimed by Islamic State group.

No Comments For This Post, Be first to write a Comment.
Leave a Comment
Name:
Email:
Comment:
Enter the code shown:


Can't read the image? click here to refresh

Todays Epaper

Mob lynching is continuously occurred in different parts of India. Is this threat to democracy?

Yes
No
Can't say