Transport and BC Welfare Minister Ponnam Prabhakar on Monday said the Congress government was committed to implement the Kalyana Lakshmi and Shaadi Mubarak schemes and accused the BRS of “shedding crocodile tears” over the issue.
He said the government was releasing funds for the schemes through the green channel and would take all necessary steps to ensure that poor families continued to benefit from them.
Prabhakar said a petition had been filed in the Telangana High Court challenging eight
Government Orders (GOs) issued so far in connection with the Kalyana Lakshmi scheme.
The court had issued interim orders staying the scheme, he said, adding that the government would appeal against the order before the Division Bench and hoped for a favourable verdict.
The Minister attributed the legal complications to “defective” GOs issued by the previous government in 2014. He said the present government would soon rectify the shortcomings and ensure that the schemes continued without interruption.