Hyderabad: In a chilling incident, an accused in a murder case was hacked to death on Friday at Rudraram village in Sangareddy district on National Highway-65 in broad daylight. Horrified motorists stopped their vehicles on either side of the highway as the killer executed the victim with a sickle in full public glare.

The victim, Mahamood Pasha, 35, was on his way to Hyderabad after attending court proceedings when he was intercepted by the accused at Rudraram — some 50 km away from the city — at around 11 am. Pasha was riding a motorbike. Upon seeing the accused, Pasha tried to whiz past them. However, he was caught in a traffic jam. He abandoned his bike and began to run. The accused chased Pasha for some distance before killing him in the middle of the highway.

Even after Pasha was down and dead, the accused repeatedly attacked him on his head with brute force. During one of the strikes, when the sickle got stuck to the body of Pasha, the accused put his leg on the victim’s body to get support and pull out.

As the killer was repeatedly attacking the victim, one of his associates ran to the other side of the road where he had parked his bike. Two others were already waiting on another bike. As the three associates hollered “bhai aaja, bhai aaja,” the killer ran across to the other side before escaping on one of the bikes. There was another person on Pasha’s bike, who fled soon after seeing the killer. The accused chased only Pasha as he was the target, police said.

Pasha was a resident of Bholakpur in Musheerabad. “We suspect that this could be a revenge killing to the 2018 murder of Arshad Hussain in which Pasha was the prime accused,” the SP told media. 

Pasha and Arshad were involved in pilferage of public distribution system rice and cases were pending against them in Hyderabad. “It was on this pilferage issue, Pasha killed Arshad last year,’’ the SP said. Family members of Pasha gave out names of Arshad’s brothers to police and believe them to be suspects in his killing.

Earlier, when the macabre killing was taking place, some of the motorists and onlookers were busy capturing the incident on their mobile phones. “Nobody, however, dared to go near the killer even as the victim kept shouting for help,” sources said.

In September last year, Perumalla Pranay was brutally hacked to death in front of a hospital in Miryalguda. Two weeks after the murder, a man was hacked to death in broad daylight on Attapur main road in Hyderabad.

No Comments For This Post, Be first to write a Comment.
Leave a Comment
Enter the code shown:

Can't read the image? click here to refresh

Todays Epaper

Is 21 days lockdown is necessary to control coronavirus cases in India?

Can't Say