Three months after Farheen Begum gave birth to her third child, the 25-year-old woman fell ill and lay in a semiconscious state. After 11 months, when she recovered, the baby girl was missing. Her in-laws and husband gave her the shocking news. The kid was sold for 20,000 rupees to a police constable's brother to “meet Farheen’s medical  expenses.”
The husband insisted they had taken her permission while selling the kid. The distressed woman begged them to get her baby back. The family locked her up and tortured her so as to put a lid on the secret deal. One Saturday, Farheen Begum escaped from her house at Resham Bagh in Goldonda with her two children and reported the matter to the local police. Her husband, Mohammed Ilyas, an auto driver, is yet to confess  the offence, and police investigation is progressing.
Farheen and Ilyas had fallen in love and got married six years ago  without their parents’ consent. Farheen’s parents are yet to forgive  her. Nor are they willing to come to her help now. “They have sold my  baby a few weeks after I fell Ill. The kid must have been four months old when they sold her. They say they took my permission. I was in a semi-conscious state, but I didn’t sign any paper. They sold my kid  for money,” she said.
Farheen is suffering from a neurological disorder, Guillain-Barre syndrome. She says the family had apparently taken her thumb  impression when she was unconscious. The woman was treated in at least four hospitals across the city in  the past months and she was also suffering from tuberculosis. “I  begged of them several times to give back my kid. My husband beat me up and asked me to forget about the baby. He locked me up and  threatened to kill me if I go out and tell anyone about this,” she said.
After months of treatment, Farheen started walking two weeks ago; that was when she decided to walk out and approach the police. “My own  parents do not help me because we had eloped and got married. I had  none to help me all these months,” she told Deccan Chronicle. Farheen’s son, five-year old Ahmeduddin, remembers his little sister. “She was small when they took her away. My mommy was not well then,”he said, adding he wanted to play with her.
No Comments For This Post, Be first to write a Comment.
Leave a Comment
Enter the code shown:

Can't read the image? click here to refresh

Todays Epaper

Will day night cricket Test matches increase the popularity in India?

Can't say