A major fire broke out in a furniture godown at Karwan here on Monday morning. No casualties were reported in the incident, but the owners of the place have put the property loss at Rs 2.5 crore.

According to officials, “The fire broke out around 10 am following a short circuit in an exhaust fan and soon spread across the furniture factory. Two workers tried in vain to put out the fire and ran to safety,” said Abdul Kaleem, one of the owners of the premises. Fire tenders from various fire stations rushed to the spot and started efforts to control the fire. After battling for close to two hours, they finally contained the blaze.

“As there was a lot of wood and finished furniture, the fire spread rapidly. The shed collapsed due to the impact of the heat,” fire officials said. AIMIM legislator from Karwan Kausar Moinuddin and other leaders visited the spot.

No Comments For This Post, Be first to write a Comment.
Leave a Comment
Enter the code shown:

Can't read the image? click here to refresh

Todays Epaper

Latest Urdu News

The Union Government has extended the nationwide lockdown 5.0 till June 30 but phase-wise relaxation in non-hotspot zones? Do you think this is the right move?

Can't Say