logo
 
Last year's finalist Matteo Berrettini said on Tuesday, June 27 that he withdrew from Wimbledon 2022 after testing positive for Covid-19. Berrettini took to Instagram to share the 'heartbreaking' update with his fans and followers hours before his scheduled first-round men's singles match on Court 1 in London.

Matteo Berrettini's positive Covid-19 test comes a day after former finalist and former US Open champion Marin Cilic pulled out due to Covid-19.

Berrettini said he had been in isolation for the last few days despite having only mild symptoms and a test on Tuesday



morning came positive for Covid-19.

"I am heartbroken to announce that I need to withdraw from Wimbledon due to a positive Covid-19 test result," Berrettini said.

"I have had flu symptoms and been isolating the last few days. Despite symptoms not being severe, I decided it was important to take another test this morning to protect the health and safety of my fellow competitors and everyone else involved in the tournament.

"I have no words to describe the extreme disappointment I feel. The dream is over for this year, but I will be back stronger," he added.
No Comments For This Post, Be first to write a Comment.
Leave a Comment
Name:
Email:
Comment:
Enter the code shown:


Can't read the image? click here to refresh

Todays Epaper

neerus indian ethnic wear
Latest Urdu News

Do you think Rishi Sunak can win the race to be the next UK prime minister?

Yes
No
Can't Say