logo
 
South Africa white-ball coach Rob Walter has made a shocking revelation about opener Quinton de Kock. Walter, while announcing South Africa's squads for the all-format series against India revealed that Quinton de Kock wanted to quit cricket after the World Cup 2023.

Walter told the press on Monday, 4 December that Quinton de Kock originally wanted to retire from all formats of the game, but was stopped from doing that. After discussions with the team management, de Kock announced ahead of the World Cup 2023 that he would retire from the ODI format after the tournament. The left-hander has already retired from Test cricket.

"In conversations with Quinny at the time of him walking away from ODI cricket [after the World Cup in India, which ended last month], it was originally his plan to retire altogether," Rob Walter told the



press on Monday.

"I asked him to hold off on that decision. He had a Big Bash opportunity which clashed with the India series. In order to keep him in the game this was the resolution," he further added.

Quinton de Kock had a sensational World Cup 2023, hitting 594 runs from 10 matches including four centuries. De Kock was the top scorer for South Africa in the tournament where they lost in the semi-final against Australia at Eden Gardens.

Walter also revealed in the press conference that de Kock will be in running for the T20 World Cup 2024. The opener was rested from the 3-match T20I series against India along with Temba Bavuma. Rob Walter said that Bavuma was rested from the series to keep him fresh for the 2-match Test series against India, which the side considers the most important leg of the tour.
No Comments For This Post, Be first to write a Comment.
Leave a Comment
Name:
Email:
Comment:
Enter the code shown:


Can't read the image? click here to refresh
etemaad live tv watch now

Todays Epaper

English Weekly

neerus indian ethnic wear
Latest Urdu News

Should the NTA be replaced with a new testing body?

Yes
No
Can't say