logo
 

Despite the staggering rise in the number of COVID-19 cases in the state with urged the government to enforce a weekend lockdown, Maharashtra Cabinet Minister Nawab Malik on Monday confirmed that the Indian Premier League matches scheduled to be held at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai will go ahead as per the schedule.


Maharashtra government on Sunday announced that the state would enter a phase of lockdown from Friday 8 pm to Monday 7 pm to curb the spread of the virus.


"The permission has been given for the matches with restrictions, the crowd would not be allowed to enter the stadiums. Whoever is participating in the IPL, would have to stay at one place in isolation. There can be no overcrowding, we have made this clear and on this basis, we have given the permission," Malik told ANI.


"There are many people demanding for vaccination, BCCI has also requested that the players be vaccinated. We also know that there are many people in Maharashtra who are at risk of being exposed to the virus. We also want the age limit to be reduced so that we can vaccinate, but unless the Central Government gives the permission, we cannot do so," he added.


Earlier on Sunday night, BCCI president Sourav Ganguly too had spoken on the same lines confirming that IPL 2021 will go ahead as per the schedule despite the steady rise in COVID cases.


"Everything will go on as per schedule," Ganguly told ANI.

No Comments For This Post, Be first to write a Comment.
Leave a Comment
Name:
Email:
Comment:
Enter the code shown:


Can't read the image? click here to refresh
learn quran online easily

Todays Epaper

Latest Urdu News

Which political party will win the Nagarjuna Sagar Assembly by-poll to be held on April 17?

TRS
Congress
BJP