logo
 

Cricket Australia Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Nick Hockley confirmed on Tuesday that the Day-night Test between India and Australia in Adelaide will go ahead as scheduled.

Adelaide Test, which is scheduled to be held from December 17-21, had looked in doubt following a Covid-19 cluster that had been identified in Adelaide earlier this month. The state's chief public health officer had also admitted that there was no guarantee the city could host the match.

"You are aware that there was a small, contained cluster of Covid cases last week. We have been working very closely with the South Australian government and at this stage, we have been given assurances that it has been contained," Nick Hockley said in a virtual media conference.

"The lockdown that they were under finished last Saturday. So at this stage, all assistance goes for the Adelaide Test. We are confident that it will go ahead as scheduled," he added.

"We have been lucky that the cases have been very low in Australia. Community transmission has been limited. We worked very hard with the health authorities and with each host city in Australia and worked together with the best possible conditions that include over the last number of days of quarantine, full training, center-wicket practice, outdoor gym for both Indian and the Australian players returning from IPL," the Cricket Australia chief executive further said.

"Obviously, the safety of both participants in the community is our absolute number one priority. But we are working closely with the BCCI to make sure that we are providing absolutely the best possible conditions for both training and playing and also accommodation throughout the course of the tour," he added.

No Comments For This Post, Be first to write a Comment.
Leave a Comment
Name:
Email:
Comment:
Enter the code shown:


Can't read the image? click here to refresh

Todays Epaper

Latest Urdu News

Is it safe to take Covid vaccine?

Yes
No
Can't Say