logo
 

Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) had issued a notice to Sonu Sood for allegedly carrying out structural changes to a residential building in Juhu, Mumbai, without permission. The actor has now approached the Bombay High Court to challenge BMC's notice.

Sonu, in his petition filed last week through advocate D P Singh, said he has not carried out any "illegal or unauthorised" construction in the six-storey Shakti Sagar building.

A single bench of Justice Prithviraj Chavan will hear the petition tomorrow (December 11).

"The petitioner (Sood) has not made any changes in the building that warrant permission from the BMC. Only those changes that are allowed under the Maharashtra Regional and Town Planning (MRTP) Act have been done," Singh said.

In the petition, Sonu has sought that the court quashes the notice issued by the BMC in October last year. He also appealed for an interim relief of no coercive action to be initiated against him.

Last year, after receiving the notice from the BMC, the actor approached a civil court, but failed to get relief following which he filed an appeal in the high court.

On January 4, BMC had filed a complaint at the Juhu police station, seeking an FIR to be lodged against Sonu for allegedly converting the residential building into a hotel without permission.

The complaint letter was sent to the police after the BMC inspected the building and found that Sood had allegedly not complied with the requisitions and was continuing unauthorised construction even after the notice was served to him in October last year.

The police are yet to register FIR in the case.

No Comments For This Post, Be first to write a Comment.
Leave a Comment
Name:
Email:
Comment:
Enter the code shown:


Can't read the image? click here to refresh

Todays Epaper

Latest Urdu News

Will India win the four match cricket Test series against Australia?

Yes
No
Can't Say