logo
 
Siddipet (Telangana): A nine-year-old's birthday bash at home in Siddipet district turned tragic as he and his father died after consuming cake while his mother and sister are undergoing treatment. Police suspect that the cake was laced with poison.

The incident occurred on Wednesday evening when the family of four was celebrating the birthday of Istarigalla Ramcharan at their house in Ainapur. After eating the cake, Ramcharan, his father Ravi (39), mother Bhagyalakshmi (35) and sister Poojitha (12) complained of stomach-ache.

Bhagyalakshmi said that Ramcharan complained of stomach ache and started vomiting at 2 am on Thursday. While they were making arrangements to shift him to hospital, her husband too developed similar symptoms. While they were being shifted to hospital, daughter Poojitha complained of the same problem. The doctors declared the father and son brought dead at 4 am while Poojitha was rushed to Niloufer Hospital, Hyderabad.

Bhagyalakshmi, who only ate a small piece of the cake, developed similar pain. However, her condition was stable. Police suspect that Ravi’s step brother Srinivas, who sent the cake from Siddipet, had a role in the tragic incident.

Police have registered a case and investigations are on. Sources said that Srinivas had been taken into custody for questioning.



No Comments For This Post, Be first to write a Comment.
Leave a Comment
Name:
Email:
Comment:
Enter the code shown:


Can't read the image? click here to refresh

Todays Epaper

Do you think the Kashmir will return to normalcy very soon?

Yes
No
Can't say