The Centre has notified the reduction in statutory rate of contributions from 12 per cent  to 10 per cent for wage months period from May to  July, 2020 for all class of establishments covered under the Employees Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952 .

Earlier,the government had announced  to reduce the rate  as part of Atma-Nirbhar Bharat package. Ministry of Labour and Employment in a statement said that the notification in this regard is available  on the home page of EPFO website. It said, reduction in rate of EPF contributions from 12 per cent  to 10 percent of basic wages and Dearness allowances is intended to benefit both 4.3 Crore employees and employers of 6.5 lakhs establishments to tide over the immediate liquidity crisis to some extent.

As a result of reduction in statutory rate of contributions,  the employee will have a higher take home pay and employers will also have their liabilities reduced by 2 per cent of wages of the  employees.
The Ministry said, this reduction of rate of contribution is not applicable to establishments like Central and State Public Sector enterprises or any other establishment owned or controlled by or under control of the Central or State Government. These establishments shall continue to contribute  12 per cent  of basic wages and dearness allowances.

The reduced rate is also not applicable for Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana-PMGKY beneficiaries as  the entire employees' EPF contributions of 12 per cent  of wages and employers’ EPF & EPS contribution of 12 per cent of wages totaling 24 per cent of the monthly wages is being contributed by the Central Government.

No Comments For This Post, Be first to write a Comment.
Leave a Comment
Enter the code shown:

Can't read the image? click here to refresh

Todays Epaper

Latest Urdu News

Should Metro Train and MMTS resume their services immediately for the facility of Hyderabad commuters?

Can't Say